Alpha Lipoic Acid Benefits
is an antioxidant that naturally occurs in your body and is found in many of the foods you eat on a regular basis. Studies show that this particular antioxidant has many health benefits and many medical weight loss companies have started using to help their patients reach their weight loss goals. The Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid are phenomenal.
However, weight loss is just one of the benefits that people see from this supplement. Today we are going to look at some specific benefits of this helpful antioxidant.
- Weight Loss. As we mentioned, Alpha Lipoic Acid can help you lose weight. Even without any dieting, the presence of Alpha Lipoic Acid improves the body’s ability to break down fats and sugars and use them for energy instead of storing them as fat. Combined with a calorie restricted diet, Alpha Lipoic Acid can help your body shed some of those unwanted pounds.
- Muscle Regeneration. When you exercise your muscles lose oxygen, this causes oxidative stress, which is what causes you to be stiff and sore after a workout. Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements can help to decrease oxidative damage in your muscles during tough workout sessions.
- Decrease Inflammation. Inflammation in the body is the cause of many common diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis. Alpha Lipoic Acid has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects in patients with these diseases.
- Prevent and Improve . Because of the way that this supplement helps the body process glucose it can be a helpful factor in improving or preventing Type 2 Diabetes. Additionally, this supplement can help with diabetic neuropathy, otherwise known as diabetic nerve damage. This antioxidant has been shown to improve symptoms such as burning and stabbing pain, asleep numbness, and prickling sensations, decrease pain intensity, enhance sensitivity to insulin, and promote microcirculation.
- Lower Your . Studies show that Alpha Lipoic Acid can lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglyceride levels while increasing your HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- Improve Alzheimer’s. Oxidative stress, inflammation, and increased cholesterol levels are all linked to Alzheimer’s Disease, and this supplement helps with all of them. In studies where patients were given this supplement daily, Alzheimer’s patients showed stabilization of their cognitive functions and patients with dementia showed a slowed progression of the disease.
More Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Protect Your Eyes and Vision. Oxidative stress not only affects your muscles but can also negatively impact your eyesight. As mentioned earlier, these supplements can help to counteract the effects of oxidative stress. Additionally, this supplement can improve vision and symptoms related to glaucoma and can inhibit the formation of cataracts.
- Prevent Migraines. Alpha Lipoic Acid can help to reduce the frequency, duration, and intensity of migraines.
- Atherosclerosis Prevention. Alpha Lipoic Acid has been shown to help with treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, this antioxidant improves blood vessel function and structure and increases blood vessel widening.
- Improve Sperm Quality. This supplement can increase sperm count, concentration, and motility levels.
- Improve Wound Healing. Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments are often used for patients who have wounds that won’t heal due to diabetes or radiation. When hyperbaric oxygen therapy was combined with Alpha Lipoic Acid patients saw an accelerated rate of wound healing.
- Remove Toxic Metals from your Body. Alpha Lipoic Acid chelates or binds to toxic metals found in the body. This neutralizes the metals and protects your liver, kidneys, and nervous system from damage.
- Help with High-Risk Pregnancy. Alpha Lipoic Acid can help to improve the condition of both the mother and the baby in high-risk pregnancy situations by speeding up the process of returning to normal conditions.
- Skin Benefits. Alpha Lipoic Acid increases the thickness of the skin and decreases roughness. Additionally, this antioxidant has been shown to reverse the damage done to skin by cigarette smoke.
- Fights Cancer. Early cell-based studies show that Alpha Lipoic Acid decreases the initiation and growth of cancer. Specifically diminishing the ability for lung cancer cells to survive and slowing the growth of breast cancer cells.
VIP Medical Weight Loss and Alpha Lipoic Acid
If you are interested in taking Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements for weight loss or for one or more of the beneficial reasons listed above, make sure that you speak to a doctor first as this supplement may have interactions with specific medications. Our doctor here at is happy to discuss options with you if you are ready to make a change to your current lifestyle.