Finding Solutions to Bad Habits at Medical Weight Loss Clinics in Wellington, FL
You’re overweight, and there doesn’t seem to be anything that you can do about it. At we think there is something that you can do about it and we believe that our in have the answers you are looking for. All too often people go about living their lives not really looking at the bad habits which have caused them to gain weight. Let’s take a quick look at a few of these habits.
- Eating low–fat foods: Just because a food label says fat–free or low-fat does not mean that it is healthy for you. While you might be saving a few calories in the beginning, in the long run, you are simply swapping them out for sugar and other chemicals which can be harmful to your body. Additionally, sugar digests faster than many other foods leaving you hungry and dissatisfied sooner.
- : We are all busy, but that is no excuse for skipping a meal. Skipping meals slows down your metabolism and confuses your system. Your body is smart but not smart enough to know if there will ever be food again after skipping a meal. When it feels that there may not be enough food to keep it going, your body kicks into survival mode and stores food in the form of fat. Eating multiple small meals throughout the day will give your body the fuel it needs and help keep your metabolism up.
- Eating too fast: Studies show that it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that you are full. Eating too quickly doesn’t allow time for your fullness meter to register, causing you to overeat. Slow down and enjoy your food.
- Watching TV while eating: You should never eat when you are distracted. Statistically, you will eat 5-10 times more while watching television than when you are paying attention to your meal.
- Taking large bites: Taking big bites versus smaller bites plays into eating too fast. If you are taking huge bites of food the amount of food on your plate won’t last long, and you may end up overeating. Cutting your food into smaller bites and making a conscious effort to chew them longer helps to draw your meal out and register when you are full.
- Avoiding accountability: While you might not like the number on the scale that number can help keep you accountable. Additionally, apps for your smartphone provide numerous ways to record goals and accomplishments to help keep you on track.
- Filling up on bread at restaurants: We know it looks tempting but filling up on bread before your entrée arriving doesn’t do you any good when it comes to losing weight. Bread is a filler food and easily adds hundreds of extra, unnecessary calories to your meal.
- Not getting help: We know it can be hard to ask for help especially if you are feeling self- conscious, but getting help can be vital to reaching your weight loss goals. Just reading this article is a great start! Don’t let fear stop you from living the healthy life that you deserve.
VIP Medical Weight Loss Clinics in Wellington, FL
One of the excellent places that you can find the help that you need to begin your weight loss journey is at one of our in Wellington, FL. Our passion is providing the best medical weight loss program to each of our patients in a safe and friendly environment.
Here are a few things you can expect when you come into one of our clinics:
- A customized and doctor supervised weight loss plan for your personal situation
- Education on diet and exercise that will help you take the weight off and keep it off
- Medical weight loss shake options
- Exercise assistance
We know that a medical weight loss program isn’t for everyone, but if you are even the slightest bit curious, we encourage you to come in for a free consultation. During the consultation, you will meet with one of our doctors who can explain how our treatments work, how long they are expected to take, and all of the options available to you through our program. You may be surprised by the wide range of services we have to offer.
Many people wait for a life event, such as a reunion or a wedding, to push them into making a lifestyle change but we invite you not to wait. Don’t sell yourself short when it comes to living a happier, healthier, more energetic life. Start your weight loss journey today.