If you want to lose weight and get fit, then setting up a proper exercise routine is essential. Exercise, along with healthy eating, is the best way to become healthy and happy in your body. If you’ve never done this before though, then it’s going to be hard. That’s why we’re here to help. Here’s your guide to creating an exercise routine for medical weight loss.
Once you’ve decided you want to lose weight, you’re going to need to make a few decisions to get started. These include:
- How much time to dedicate to exercise. Be realistic. In between work, childcare, and other responsibilities, how often can you work out? The more honest you are, the more realistic you’ll be, and the more likely it is you’ll stick to your workout regime.
- Do you want to work out at the gym or home? This will be very much a personal decision. At the gym, you can use professional equipment and talk to trainers, but at home, you can exercise in private and save money.
- What do you want to achieve? Are you looking to lose weight, or build muscle? Having a specific goal in mind will help you build a more efficient plan.
Talking To A Doctor
Next, you may want to speak to a doctor about your exercise goals. This can be a good idea, especially if you’re looking to lose weight. They can examine your general health and give you an idea of how much weight you should aim to lose, as well as advise you if you have any other medical issues that could interfere with your plans.
Pick Your Exercises
Next, you’re going to need to pick the exercises that will make up your exercise regime. When reading guides online, it’s easy to become intimidated. You can devise highly detailed plans that target specified muscle groups in the body, and still be none the wiser if they’re actually helping you or not. Instead, the best thing to do is to keep it simple. Here are the five groups you need to focus on. Pick one exercise from each group, and you’ll have a routine ready to go:
- Quads: Squats, lunges, one legged squat, box jumps.
- Butts and hamstrings: Hip raises, deadlifts, straight leg deadlifts, good mornings, step ups.
- Chest, shoulders, and triceps: Overhead press, bench press, incline dumbbell press, push ups, dips.
- Back, biceps, and forearms: Chin ups, pull ups, bodyweight rows, dumbbell rows.
- Abs and lower back: Planks, side planks, exercise ball crunches, mountain climbers, jumping knee tucks, hanging leg raises.
If you want to see what these exercises actually look like, it’s easy to find good videos of what you should be doing online. Use these as a guide, and perform this workout in the time you’ve set aside for it. You’ll see it’s a lot easier than you think to get used to performing an exercise routine.
You may notice that you’ll soon get bored of doing certain routines. It’s actually encouraged to switch things up, so don’t be afraid to. Switch out an exercise for another one in the group, or perform your routine at different times in the day.
Using A Boca Raton Medical Weight Loss Plan
Sometimes you’ll need more help than what this guide provides. If this is the case for you, then we’re here to help. Our Boca Raton weight loss programs will give you all the support you need, and give you the results you need, all at an affordable price.
Our plans are designed around you and your needs. We’ll meet with you to discuss your goals, and design your plan. Our treatments include exercise plans, weekly doctor appointments, medication, diet plans, and lipotropic injections. This plan will give you the helping hand you need to get your weight to where you want it to be.
You’ll always have an expert on hand, so you’ll be well taken care of. Whatever you decide to do, we’re dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
Creating an exercise routine is easier than you think. Use these tips to help you get started on your weight loss journey.