Are you Struggling with Weight Loss?
If you have had a hard time losing weight and keeping it off, don’t worry you are not alone. Many people find it hard to shed those extra unwanted pounds due to a variety of different reasons. If you are looking for a different answer, a program may be just the thing you need.
Before we jump into the ways that a medical weight loss program can help you, let’s look at some reason why you might not be losing the weight.
5 Roadblocks to Losing Weight
- You need to change your mindset. Change it hard! Humans are stubborn, and once we set our minds to something it is hard to change that. If your mindset is that you will always be overweight, that you can’t ever lose weight, or that you will fail at every attempt you make to lose weight, then it’s true. You will fail. However, if you can change your mindset to be more positive, it can make a big difference in your outcomes. Instead of assuming you will always fail and that this is a bad thing to change your mindset that failure is good. Failure helps you learn. As you learn you will grow and you will find that little by little you will start to succeed.
- Stop reacting and start planning. Everyone is busy; everyone has something that can get in the way of exercising and eating right. Don’t let this be your stumbling block. Instead of waking up every morning and trying to figure out where you can fit in a quick run to the gym and then missing it in the end because you didn’t have time, was too tired, or couldn’t be bothered, schedule it into your day from the beginning. Take some time to sit down at the beginning of each week and make time for you. Sure, you might have last minute things that come up during the week, but if you have gym time, meal prep time, and healthy cooking time scheduled out you are far less likely to push it off to the side. Look at it this way, you can’t be unhealthy forever and it not catch up to you eventually. Either you take a little bit of time to take care of yourself now, or you might end up taking a lot of time to recuperate and heal your body later.
- Don’t expect instant results. In the world of fast food, instant streaming, and I want it now, it’s hard to wait for results. We want to see our hard work paying off immediately, but when it comes to losing weight, is best. One of the best things that you can do to lose weight is to slow down. Eating more slowly helps your body to register when it is full. Additionally, if you are not eating quickly so that you can run off to the next thing on your list, you will better be able to hear your body when it tells you it’s done. The process may be long and tedious, but you can keep doing what you’re doing, see no changes in a month, and wish you had started a month ago, or you can start now and actually see results down the road.
- Watch your . Overeating is the absolute main reason for weight gain. Too much food in causes your body to store it as fat. On the flip side, undereating will also not serve you in your goal of weight loss. Undereating causes your body to go into survival mode. If your body thinks that there isn’t enough food to survive, it will store extra fat for later reserves and use your muscle as its energy source leaving you heavier than you started but with less muscle tone.
- Have a mentor. Look to all the great athletes and business people around the world and almost all of them have something in common, a coach or a mentor that they looked to, someone who helped them achieve their goals. You can lose weight on your own, but having someone who is helping you through the process, cheering you on, picking you up and dusting you off when you feel as if you’ve stumbled along the way can be a huge factor to your weight loss success.
VIP Medical Weight Loss Center in Boca Raton
If you are ready to make a change in your life toward becoming healthier and losing weight we are here for you. At our in , we want to work with you to help you change your mindset about losing weight. We can help you to make a plan that you can stick to and find out the best portion sizes for your body type. We know that losing weight can be a long, hard road but our friendly staff of doctors and nurses are there for you, supporting you and making sure that you are meeting your goals in the safest way possible. Let us be your mentor and your friend as you begin your weight loss journey.