The latest studies show that more than 70% of Americans are obese or overweight. A common reason for this is our food choices. Most people do not consume the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables a day. MyPlate is a great way to understand the dietary needs of the human body. Yes, you can lose weight by following fad diets, but you won’t be healthy, and your body will be lacking many nutrients that it needs. Let us at VIP Medical Weight Loss clinic help you understand how to eat healthier to give your body everything it needs and still lose weight.
Forget Diet Fads, Just Eat Better
There are popular diets out there that claim guaranteed results, but what happens when you end the diet?
Will you ever be able to eat normally again?
What if you get sick of the food you are “allowed”?
We don’t recommend diet fads. Instead, we strive to encourage overall healthy eating habits. Changing your eating habits can be difficult on your own, that is why we have a dietitian on staff. Working one on one with our dietitian will help you understand how to make better food choices. They can also give you recipe ideas for foods that you have never tried before. Dietitians can provide a lot of advice and tips to help you succeed at weight loss including:
- Don’t take calorie counting so seriously- Many people think if they simply limit their calories to a certain amount a day they will lose weight. This isn’t necessarily true; in fact, many high-calorie foods assist in weight loss such as nuts. The amount of calories a portion of food has is not the most important fact, how many nutrients it has is.
- Remember that vegetables are essential- Eating more vegetables will help you lose weight because of all the nutrients they have. If you don’t like vegetables talk to our dietitian, they can offer ways of preparing them that you may have never thought to try. With so many different cooking and pairing options, there has to be some way that you can eat vegetables while enjoying them.
- Don’t cut carbs out completely- Yes, a low carb diet will help you lose weight, but there is tons of research out there that supports carbohydrates for weight loss. Grains do not have to be an all or nothing food choice, just remember to choose whole grains as opposed to refined.
- Don’t reward your workout with poor food choices- Often, we might allow ourselves to cheat on our diet because we worked extra hard at the gym that day. While it’s ok to give in every once in a while, it is a bad habit to get into. To lose weight, it is more important to eat healthy than to exercise; you can’t just work off your poor food choices all the time.
- Set a realistic ideal weight- Don’t pick a number just because it sounds good. When you come to VIP Medical weight loss, we will help you determine an ideal weight goal based on your unique body.
- Be prepared to put in the effort- Losing weight and maintaining it is hard work. It can be easy to fall off track or give up. We will help you stay motivated, but you need to understand the amount of hard work and dedication required.
- Never give up- You are probably considering a medical weight loss clinic because all of your past weight loss attempts have failed. That is ok; many people are in your shoes. The important part now is to stay dedicated and not to give up. If you work with us and stick to your workout and diet plan, we will help you lose weight.
VIP Medical Weight Loss Will Change Your Life
Here at VIP Medical Weight Loss, we want to help you achieve your weight loss goals while teaching you the discipline you need to maintain
it. It is very common for people to achieve their goal only to put the weight back on and have to start the process all over. At our clinic, we help to change your lifestyle habits so that you don’t partake in this yo-yo pattern. Because we have doctors, dietitians, and personal trainers you get plenty of support and are never on your own.
To be successful in reaching your weight loss goal, you need to make real changes. It is not about a specific diet or workout regimen; it is what works for you. We will help you develop a plan unique to your situation that you can stick with. We will address any issues you have had in the past with losing weight and do everything we can to make adjustments, so you are successful this time. Request an appointment today, to see for yourself how we can help you.